- Cross-Government approach, inter-agency and inter-department including Allies
- Complex operations with multiple Allies
- Dynamic intelligence network with no boundaries
- Pre-empting and anticipating adversaries’ actions
- Cultural awareness to develop influence and foresight
“Understanding and Intelligence” is fundamental to the UK Counter-IED End-to-End capability. U&I requires a collaborative cross-government approach that enables reach-back from operations into the military, police and security apparatus of intelligence. Analysis should include all-sources including open source, covert sources and classified reporting, Security and timeliness of intelligence exchange is critical to success, with appropriate analysis by subject matter experts delivered in a timely and concise manner.